Study Enquiry FormA dedicated programme advisor will contact you. Please complete all fields.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management programme seeks to develop skills for professionals and equip them to optimize organization profitability through effective management of supply chain. Ever-increasing customer demands on product price, quality, variety, lead-time, and the need to pursue mass customization have forced companies to focus attention not only on internal operations, but also on ensuring coordinated response on the part of the entire supply chain, including suppliers and distributors. The programme will help participants to sharpen their skills to leverage advantages of a well-managed supply chain. Furthermore, the purpose of such a qualification is to enhance the South African supply chain professional industry and upscale knowledge and skills of students who are aspiring to work in the supply chain ambit. Students also will have obtained critical analytical thinking and insight into developing and overseeing supply chain projects from being exposed to current and futuristic trends that is on a global and national level for best practise. This will also challenge higher-ordered thinking to challenge new ideas for better practise.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Analyse supply chain concepts and how activities interact within supply chains within familiar and unfamiliar contexts.
- Critically assess competition drivers, develop and lead strategic supply chain projects.
- Select appropriately responsive tools and techniques to achieve optimal supply chain process, value, and service improvements.
- Determine and implement best practice project management tools and techniques in supply chain management.
- Evaluate demand management and forecasting techniques in the context of supply chain efficiency and responsiveness.
- Assess the implications of leadership and change management approaches and techniques and how they impact on Lean implementation and Lean and Agile supply chain strategies
- Develop a suitable strategy for implementing Lean strategies to achieve sustainable operational and supply chain improvements.
- Resolve the complexities inherent in organisation-wide and supply chain projects and lead Lean SCM teams
- Strategic Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management
- Business Research Methods
Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
Logistics in Supply Chain Management
Global Strategic Supply Chain Management
The minimum entrance requirements for admission to the PGDSCM programme are as follows: An appropriate Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma or equivalent qualification, and two years of managerial work experience.