As the world came to terms with the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, organisations across the globe were caught in a rush to develop alternate business models as countries worldwide implemented some form of lockdown. The unprecedented global lockdown led to the disappearance of traditional channels and became a barrier for the conventional face-to-face business models. Enterprises that could successfully transition to a digital strategy and implement agile business models are performing significantly better than those that could not. Digital marketing platforms such as social media, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and influencer-led campaigns have become more pervasive and are replacing the standard marketing campaigns as consumer behaviour changes and users are more accepting of the digital marketplace. Some of the trends predicted as the “New Normal” are as follows:
- Social media jobs will be in greater demand
- Creativity skills will be highly valued
- Authentic content creation through social media posts and YouTube videos will form a critical part of an organisation’s marketing strategy
- Consumers’ behaviour trends indicate that businesses that embody honesty, empathy and social consciousness on social media are more likely to win the hearts and minds of consumers
- Community engagement and progressive mindsets will form a crucial component of marketing strategies
- As the 4th industrial revolution gains momentum, there will be a plethora of new technologies emerging, requiring organisations, employees and society to adapt
The above listed trends are not exhaustive but form a broad overview of the changes that are occurring and imminent. It is therefore necessary that marketers upskill to face this new reality. This situation becomes more critical considering the known and unknown impact of COVID-19. The REGENT BUSINESS SCHOOL’s Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Marketing aims to equip marketing professionals and those in the marketing environment with the necessary knowledge and skills related to this sector.
Offering digitally supported distance learning since 1998, means you can rely on REGENT’s interactive support base ensuring you get all the help you need every step of the way.
By Shaheen Khan