Study Enquiry FormA dedicated programme advisor will contact you. Please complete all fields.
The Higher Certificate in Business Management (HCIBM) is a 1 year programme that provides an overview of the essentials of business management theory and practice. It is designed to provide a convenient and appropriate avenue into business management studies for those individuals whose objective is to gain employment or successfully climb the corporate ladder.
This programme is an excellent way for students to broaden their understanding of the intrinsic functions of business management such as finance, communications and marketing.The course develops skills necessary to enhance productivity, effectiveness and better performance in the business environment.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the student should be able to:
- Apply basic management principles in a business context
- Analyse and use financial information for business decision making
- Utilise financial management tools for effective acquisition and use of organisational resources
- Utilise Information and Communications Technology to communicate effectively for business success
- Identify the critical success factors for starting and managing a small business
- Cite the key characteristics of entrepreneurs and their role in small business development
- Design and implement marketing strategies to leverage business opportunities
- Business Communication
- Business Management
- Business Information systems
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- A National Senior Certificate with a minimum Higher Certificate admission or a relevant NQF4 Qualification or Equivalent
- A or O level certificates